Beef rendang, cauliflower rice & grilled vegetables
This indonesian beef takes a while to cook, but is worth the wait.
Add the mixture of a bit of brown rice and mostly cauliflower rice and grilled veggies and it makes for a great meal.
- 2P140 grams of beefsteak
- 0.5C59 grams of onion
- 1C304 grams of cauliflower rice
- 1C13 grams of brown rice
- 0.5C64 grams of spring onion
- 0.5C214 grams of zucchini
- 0.5C157 grams of eggplant
- 2F4 grams of olive oil
- 2F50 grams of low fat coconut milk
How to cook
- Slice the beef in pieces and cook shortly in olive oil, garlic and sambal, just turn the beef brown and put on a plate.
- Bake the chopped onions in the same pan until transparent.
- Add the meat back in, 10 grams of the coconut milk, a bit of white wine vinegar and rendang bumbu.
- Cook on very low heat for about four hours & add water if needed to keep the meat moist.
- Chop the spring onions and bake in a bit of olive oil.
- Add the brown rice and the cauliflower then add the rest of the coconut milk a bit of salt and lemon juice.
- Add a bit of water untill the rice is in liquid but not completely covered.
- Let cook at medium heat untill the liquid is absorbed and the rice tastes good.
- Cut the eggplant and zucchini in thin slices/pieces and spread out on an oven tray at wax paper.
- Mix some olive oil, lemon grass paste, soy sauce, ginger, kurkuma, cumin and a bit of water.
- Use a pastry brush to grease the veggies with the mixture.
- Grill in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Put some salt over it when you take them out.
- Plate it up and enjoy!
- The oven baking times are based on my hot air oven. Experiment in your own to see if it needs a bit longer or shorter.
- Make bigger batch. It's easier to make and since the meat takes four hours to cook it's nice to have more than one meal to show for it.
- You can use pre-packed rendang bumbu or add the herbs yourself (garlic, ginger, kurkuma, pepper (white and black), coriander, lemongrass, chilli, salt and soja sauce).