Beetroot eggplant lasagna
A vegetable lasagna without lasagna noodles makes for a perfect zone meal.
I really love this beetroot and goat cheese combination.
How to cook
- Dice the onions and cook with olive oil, garlic(paste) and pepper until it's transparent.
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, paprika, sage & thyme and cook.
- Add the canned tomatoes and turn of the heat.
- Slice the eggplant in thin slices and grill briefly.
- Cut the beetroot in thin slices.
- In a large baking dish start with a third of the beef and tomato mixture.
- Add a layer of eggplant (also one third) and top with a layer of beetroot (half of the beetroot).
- Add another layer of beef, eggplant and beetroot & again the beef and eggplant.
- Crumble the goat cheese on top of it and, if you want to cook it, the pine nuts as well.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees untill the goat cheese turns slightly brown.
- Add a handful of rocket to your plate and enjoy!
- The oven baking times are based on my hot air oven. Experiment in your own to see if it needs a bit longer or shorter.
- If you're not eating everything right away I recommend letting it cool down before cutting it and putting it away in trays. It's easier.
- This is a little hard to get it to look pretty on your plate. I don't have any patience so it usually ends up falling apart somewhere between the oven dish and my plate.