Chicken summer rolls
A lot of people call these 'spring rolls' but officially those are fried and these are summer rolls.
It takes a bit of time to make them, but the effort is definitely worth it!
- 4P132 grams of chicken breast
- 2C24 grams of rice paper (3 pieces)
- 0.25C57 grams of bell pepper
- 0.25C33 grams of carrot
- 0.25C72 grams of cucumber
- 0.25C34 grams of taugé
- 1C40 grams of noodles
- 3F30 grams of avocado
- 1F3 grams of sesame seeds
- half a red pepper
How to cook
- Chop the chicken breast into pieces and mix them with some soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, pepper, cumin and salt.
- Slice all the vegetables into small strips. (Cucumber, bell pepper, carrot and avocado).
- You can dice the red pepper into small pieces.
- Bake the chicken pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Put all the ingredients into seperate bowls. (including the taugé and sesame seeds)
- If your noodles need cooking first do so before putting them in a bowl.
- Pour some hot water into a large bowl, large enough to fit a rice paper sheet.
- Put a rice paper sheet into the bowl until it's soft, take it out and put it on a plate.
- It's a bit tricky to get the rice paper unbroken & unfolded on a plate, but you'll get the hang of it.
- Put the different ingredients a little out of the middle on the rice paper sheet.
- Wrap the sides closed first. Then the smaller length part. Wrap the other part around it as tightly as you can.
- For the dressing I mixed soy sauce with lime juice, pepper, ginger and cumin.
- In my pictures the filling is in the middle. It's easier to move it a bit to the bottom.
- Sometimes you try to put too much filling in the summer rolls and they break.
- You add more hot water when it cools down, it will speed up the process.
- When you want to keep them for the next day it's best to put them in a sealed tray on top of wax paper. Make sure the part where the rice paper is double layered touches the wax paper, otherwise they will tear.
- Off course you can swap any of the ingredients if you like.
- One last tip: buy the carrots pre-sliced.