Vegan veggie quiche
No crust and all vegan.
This big vegetable cake is also very easy to make.
- 6.5P375 grams of tofu
- 3.5P25 grams of flavourless (vegan) protein powder
- 6.25C125 grams of chick pea flour
- 0.3C7 grams of yeast flakes
- 0.1Ca couple of small tomatoes
- 1C119 grams of onion
- 0.4C250 grams of spinach
- 0.2C24 grams of spring onion
- 0.75C300 grams of mushrooms
- 1C300 grams of green asperagus
- 2F4 grams of olive oil
- 4F8 grams of pine nuts
- 4F75 grams of sundried tomatoes
How to cook
- Squeeze the liquid out of the tofu.
- Mix the tofu, yeast flakes, chickpea flour, protein powder with 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar, a bit of mustard, pepper, salt, basil & cumin.
- Mix until it's a smooth paste. Add some water when it's too thick or not smooth enough.
- Chop the onion, spring onion, mushrooms and asperagus in pieces.
- Bake the onions with olive oil and garlic until transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and asperagus and bake for couple minutes.
- Add the spinach bit by bit until all is shrunk.
- Mix the vegetables with the tofu mixture.
- Also add the sundried tomatoes and spring onions.
- Cover a baking tin (28cm) with wax paper en scoop the mixture into it.
- Add a bit of paprika powder and the pine nuts on top.
- Cut a couple of small tomatoes into half an push them in the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
- The oven baking times are based on my hot air oven. Experiment in your own to see if it needs a bit longer or shorter.
- To cover the cake tin put a sheet of wax paper on top of it and push a slightly smaller tin into it.