Not in the mood for anything sweet? Try this recipe for savory waffles.
You can serve them instead of toast or bread with some vegetable spreads.
- 3P3 eggs
- 1P49 grams of feta cheese
- 2.4C77 grams of sweet potato
- 0.1C1 spring onion
- 1.5C23 grams of oatmeal flour
- 1F100 ml of low fat almond milk
- 3F6 grams of olive oil / cooking spray
How to cook
- Cook the sweet potato until it's soft.
- Dice the spring onion into small pieces.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a bowl.
- Use a (hand) blender to mix it all together.
- Add some salt and pepper, (fresh) parsley and garlic.
- Spray some cooking spray on the waffle maker (or use olive oil).
- Make four waffles in your waffle maker. Read your manual to see how long it needs to bake. Mine are done in 3.5 minutes.
- You can put a little of low carb vegetable spread on them (like an eggplant- or carrot spread).
- Divide your batter into 4 equal smaller bowls and just pour the whole contents of the bowl into the waffle maker.
- My portions of batter are about 120 grams and very liquid.
- If you put a vegetable spread on them you can leave out a bit of the sweet potato.