Pilav with chicken, apricot and noodles
This recipe is inspired by my moms pilav and I made a zone version of it.
It's a bit of a spicy dish with works great with the sweetness of the apricot.
- 4P132 grams of chicken breast
- 0.8C90 grams of apricot
- 0.5C90 grams of spicy tomato (or pasta) sauce
- 0.3C54 grams of mushrooms
- 0.4C100 grams of bell pepper
- 0.5C59 grams of onion
- 1.5C60 grams of noodles
- 1F2 grams of olive oil
- 3F9 grams of cashews
How to cook
- Chop all the vegetables and the apricot into small pieces.
- Chop the chicken breast into pieces and let marinate in the olive oil, some soy sauce, ginger, sambal and salt.
- First bake the onions for a bit and add some diced red peppers.
- Then add the chicken an cook them brown.
- Add the mushrooms and the bell pepper and let cook for a bit then add the tomato sauce.
- When the vegetables are soft enough for your taste; add the apricot and the noodles and cook for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix the cashews right before eating.
- If you don't like spicy food that much you can leave out the sambal and red peppers.
- Want to make this dish favourable? Replace the noodles with cauliflower rice.
- You can also roast the cashews first if you like.
- I like to cut the cashews into pieces since 9 grams aren't so many cashews.