Sweet potato stew
Another sweet potato dish; I can't get enough of it!
This italian style stew with mozzarella, sundried tomatoes and rocket is really delicous.
How to cook
- Cut the potatoes in pieces and cook them in water until they're soft.
- In the mean time: dice the onions and bake in olive oil, garlic and salt & pepper until they're transparent.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them with a (hand) blender.
- Cut the mozzarella and the sundried tomatoes into small pieces.
- In the potato mash: mix the onions, the fried bacon pieces, the mozzarella, the sundried tomatoes and some salt, pepper and thyme.
- Mix also the rocket and the walnut pieces into one big delicious mash.
- Make a big pan and lots of blocks; it's easy to save in your fridge and eat later in the week.
- I wouldn't advice to make smaller portions, unless you don't mind a small(er) plate of food.
- You could play with the proportions; maybe a bit more bacon and less mozzarella to save a bit of fat for extra walnuts.