Trout, sweet potato & lentil salad
This is one of my favorite salads. I love smoked trout and sweet potatoes. If you don't like horseradish you could make another dressing, but it does fit the other ingredients perfectly.
It makes for a very tasty quick and light meal.
- 2P60 grams of smoked trout
- 1P56 grams of cottage cheese
- 0.1C50 grams of green leaf lettuce
- 1C74 grams of cooked lentils
- 1.9C100 grams of sweet potato
- 3F6 grams of olive oil
- Horseradish puree
How to cook
- Clean the sweet potato: remove big spots and scrub it with water.
- Cut the sweet potato in small pieces. (Keep the skin on)
- Shortly grill the sweet potato. In an Air fryer: 10 minutes at 200 degrees. In the oven: about 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Start plating with the lettuce. Add the trout in pieces, the lentils and the grilled sweet potato. Top it of with the cottage cheese.
- For the dressing: mix two teaspoons of horseradish puree with the olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and enjoy your meal!
- You can use any type of lettuce you like. Personally I love green leafs.
- Off course you could cook your lentils yourself or be as lazy as I am and just use canned ones.
- Horseradish has a particular taste, if it's not your thing you could make a different dressing. Maybe with some lemon juice or apple cider.