Cauliflower Raspberry Pie
This is a really great as a breakfast. Cauliflower for breakfast you say? Yes! Veggies every time of the day. It’s a nice change to the standard breakfast options.
- 1P1 egg
- 5P35 grams of flavourless whey powder
- 1C304 grams of cauliflower
- 2C90 grams of banana
- 1C167 grams of raspberries
- 2C30 grams of oatmeal flour
- 2F4 grams of coconut oil
- 4F12 grams of almond flower
How to cook
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees.
- Grease a small baking dish (12cm) with the coconut oil.
- Cook the cauliflower and remove the water.
- Mash the cauliflower, the eggs and the banana with a hand with a (hand) blender untill it's smooth.
- Mix in the oatmeal flour, almond flower and protein powder. Add a pinch of salt.
- Stir the raspberries through the dough and put it into the baking dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the top is lighty brown.
Tips & Tricks
- The oven baking times are based on my hot air oven. Experiment in your own to see if it needs a bit longer or shorter.
- It can be tricky to take the pie out of the bowl. Lett it sit for a bit before trying.
- If the middle of your pie is too soft; try to remove more water from the cauliflower.
- The only non-favorable ingredient is the banana. It does add a lot of flavour, but if you like to replace it I would suggest changing it to more oatmeal flouw. And maybe replacing 1 protein powder block with 1 block of low fat quark to keep the consistency.