Asparagus with salmon and sweet potato fries
It's asparagus season! One carb block contains 500 grams which makes it a perfect vegetable for a small meal.
And sweet potato fries are great with everything.
- 2P68 grams of (smoked) salmon
- 0.5C250 grams of white asparagus
- 1.5C106 grams of sweet potato
- 2F30 grams of sour cream
How to cook
- Peel the asparagus. Make sure you remove all of the outer layer and the bottom bit.
- Cook them in boiling water with a bit of salt for about 15-25 minutes, depending how thick they are.
- Cut the sweet potato in slices.
- Add some olive oil (I cheated a little bit here; technically it's an extra block of fat), some salt, pepper and lots of paprika powder.
- Grill the sweet potato in the oven (200 degrees, 25 minutes) or in an air fryer (about 15 minutes).
- Mix the sour cream with lemon juice, paprika powder, a pinch of salt, pepper and chives. Add some cooking fluid from the asparages to make the sauce more liquid.
- Put the sweet potato fries and asparages on a plate. Top them with the sauce and add the salmon.
- I use hot smoked salmon. You could grill salmon first or use smoked salmon flakes. Whatever you like best!
- Don't throw the asparagus peels and bottoms away; use them to make a soup.