Banana carrot bread
Pre Zone I made a lot of banana breads. When someone asked me if I could make a Zone version I figured out how to fit my old recipes into a block proof one.
I think it worked out very delicious!
How to cook
- Let the dates and the linseed soak in lukewarm water for preferably a couple of hours.
- Mix all the dry ingredients: the protein powder, the oatmeal flour, the almond flour and the shredded coconut.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add the eggs and the quark.
- Drain the water from the dates and linseed and cut the dates into small pieces or use a blender to mash them.
- Mix the dates and linseed into the banana-egg mixture.
- Grate the carrots and mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Add some ginger, a pinch of salt and cinnamon.
- Put some wax paper into a small cake tin (diameter: 25cm) and scoop the dough into it.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Put a skewer into the cake; if it comes out clear you're banana bread is ready.
- Add a little but of vanila quark and cinnamon on top of a slice.
- You can try different variations, for example: replace a bit of the carrot by some fruit, like apple & replace the coconut with some chopped nuts like almonds.
- You can save seperate slices in your freezer to eat later.
- If you like to make a full size cake you can double all ingredients and make a 24 blocks bananabread.