Sweet Potato Roti
If you love sweet potato as much as I do you're going to like this dish!
This roti is great to prep and heat up later.
- 3P99 grams of chicken breast
- 1P1 boiled egg
- ¼C30 grams of onion
- 0.5C115 grams of red bell pepper
- ¾C75 grams of kousenband
- 1.5C80 grams of sweet potato
- 1Chalf a roti bread
- 4F8 grams of olive oil
How to cook
- Dice the chicken and add half of the olive oil and some masala spices. Let sit for a while.
- Dice the onions, the bell pepper and the kousenband.
- Cook the onions in the other half of the olive oil and some garlic (paste) until transparent.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown.
- Chop the sweet potato in small pieces (about a centimeter) and add to the pan. Let it cook for a bit.
- Add half a chicken stock cube to the pan and water. The sweet potato should be in the water but not completely covered.
- Add a bit more masala spices and some salt and pepper.
- Let cook for about 15 minutes until the sweet potato is almost soft. Stir frequently.
- In the mean time: cook the kousenband in water for about 15 minutes as well.
- Add the bell pepper to the roti pan and mix. Cook some more for about 5-10 minutes. Depending how soft you like the bell pepper to be.
- Cook everything at least until the liquid is absorbed. If it gets dry too soon you can add a bit of water.
- Drain the kousenband and add it to the roti pan. Mix everything together.
- Eat with a cooked egg and half a roti bread.
- This is a really great recipe to make lots of blocks of and heat up later.
- Some stores sell kousenband pieces so you don't have to chop them.
- If you can't find kousenband you could also use 156 grams of green beans. (or less and add more sweet potato).
- When boiled eggs or not your thing (in my case) you can replace it with an extra block of chicken.
- When you're eating smaller portions (less blocks) you can leave the roti bread out and add more sweet potato (vegetables).