Cauliflower bread with mackerel & avocado
These little sandwiches are not only really cute but also very tasty.
I almost never eat bread anymore and this is a nice bread-like lunch recipe.
How to cook
- Cook the cauliflower in pieces until it's soft.
- Mash the cauliflower with a (hand) blender. Try to remove as much of liquid as you can.
- Add the eggs, the oatmeal flour and the protein powder and mix.
- Add some salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and chive.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees and put a sheet of wax paper on the over tray.
- Make balls of dough and put them on the baking sheet. They won't really rise, so the size remains the same.
- Cook for 35 minutes untill they're brown and let them cool down.
- Slice them in half and put some avocado, salt & pepper and mackerel on them.
- The oven baking times are based on my hot air oven. Experiment in your own to see if it needs a bit longer or shorter.
- Avocado makes it unfavorable, but I just love avocado too much. You could replace some fat blocks for almond flour make it favorable.
- If you use almond flour you could leave out a bit of the oatmeal if you like to use a block of carbs for the topping.
- Try different toppings and find your favorite bread!
- Use frozen cauliflower pieces to make it a little easier for yourself.
- This ideal to prep on the weekend eat for lunch during the week.