Sweet potato waffles
Waffles are basically pancakes but fluffier and easier to make.
When someone explained to me it's a whole lot easier to just fill a waffle maker and wait than it is to bake a pancake I bought a waffle maker straight away.
How to cook
- Cook the sweet potato until it's soft.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a bowl.
- Use a (hand) blender to mix it all together.
- Add some cinnamon and, if you like it a bit sweet, some drops of stevia or natural sweeter.
- Spray some cooking spray on the waffle maker (or use olive oil).
- Make four waffles in your waffle maker. Read your manual to see how long it needs to bake. Mine are done in 3.5 minutes.
- Divide your batter into 4 equal smaller bowls and just pour the whole contents of the bowl into the waffle maker.
- Eat them as whole blocks or use 1 block of fruit, 1 block of quark and 1 block of nuts as a topping.
- My portions of batter are about 120 grams and very liquid.