This is one of my favourite savory snacks. A slice of this at a busy day puts a smile back on my face.
It's easy to make and can be cut in any amount of blocks you like.
This recipe makes for a meatloaf that contains 12 blocks of protein, 6 blocks of carbs and 2 blocks of fats. Say you cut it into 6 pieces you can add 1 block carbs (for example some fruit) and 1.7 blocks of fat (for example some nuts) per serving.
- 9P368 grams of lean ground beef
- 2P86 grams of turkey bacon
- 1P1 egg
- 3C45 grams of oatmeal
- 1C79 grams of apple
- ¾C89 grams of onion
- ¾C90 grams of fajita (tomato) sauce
- 0.5C116 grams of red bell pepper
- 2F4 grams of olive oil
How to cook
- Dice the turkey bacon, the onion and the bell pepper.
- Cook the onion in the olive oil, some garlic (paste) and pepper until transparent.
- Add half of the bacon and the bell pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- Put the ground beef, the egg, the tomato sauce, the oatmeal and the other half of the bacon in a large bowl.
- Add the onion, bacon and bell pepper mixture.
- Dice the apple into small pieces and add.
- Add some salt, pepper, fennel seed, a bit of mustard and thyme.
- The fun part: knead everything until its mixed.
- Put a bit of wax paper on the bottom of a cake tin (25cm) and push the mixture in the tin.
- Make sure it is air free.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes at 180 degrees.
- The oven baking times are based on my hot air oven. Experiment in your own to see if it needs a bit longer or shorter.
- Let the meatloaf cool down for a while before removing it from the cake tin.
- Raw ground beef is dangerous to eat so make sure you don't undercook it. If it's still pink on the inside you shouldn't eat it.
- Vary with the ingredients and herbs for different flavours.