Grilled polenta with ham & asperagus
These cheesy grilled polenta slices taste great with a bit of pesto and ham.
I've made 16 blocks of polenta in one baking tin, 4 times this recipe.
- 1.5P32 grams of parmasan cheese
- 2.5P73 grams of smoked ham
- 3.75C44 grams of polenta (cornmeal)
- 0.25C125 grams of asperagus
- 2F4 grams of pesto
- 2F4 grams of butter
How to cook
- Add a half a stock cube to 225ml boiling water.
- Add the polenta bit by bit and stir well.
- Add the butter and make sure it's dissolved completely.
- Take the pan of the stove in mix in the cheese, some salt & pepper and (fresh) basil.
- Add a waxpaper sheet to a baking tin and pour the mixture into it.
- Let it set for an hour.
- In the mean time clean the asperagus (cut off the bottoms) and grill them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Cut the polenta in slices and grill them for a couple of minutes.
- Serve the slices with pesto and ham next to the asperagus.
- Use a small baking tin when you're making just one portion. Use a large one when you're making 16 blocks.
- It tastes good both cold and warm, so have it cold for lunch the next day.